Friday 31 July 2020

Persuasive Zoo Writing

Kia Ora,
For the past week we have been working on a persuasive piece of writing thinking about weather Zoos should be banned or not. I said they should. I found it difficult to find different reasons for zoos to be banned. We read lots of different texts to find information about the different opinions. I hope you like it. Don´t be afraid to give me feedback.
Thanks Jaimee


Zoos should definitely be banned. They are cruel to all the animals kept there. Here are some reasons why.


My first reason is because the animals don’t get privacy. They are always open to the public to look at and judge. But in the wild they have trees to climb and places to hide, anyway it’s not like us strange, scary new species are gonna be banging on the window and watching their every move!


My second reason is some people might have not seen these types of animals and the animal might be asleep if so they would probably want to see it move and would bang on the glass and scare it into running away. We are forcing human interaction, We need to stop this.


My third reason is, I know that zookeepers try to make their habitat as normal as possible but there might be some things they don’t like about their old home and the zookeepers can’t talk to them and ask them what they want. Wouldn’t you want their home to be better than usual because they have limited space?


My final reason is that…  know they keep the animal they take safe from predators but by doing that at the same time they are ruining the food chain and starving all the animals that would kill that type of animal and eat it or feed it to their young but they can’t.


Those are just a few reasons why Zoos should obviously be banned. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Tamzyn your writing is very good maybe next time you could make all your fonts the same size.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.